Saturday, February 27, 2010

Royals In Monarchs Duds


As someone with great fondness for the history of the Kansas City Monarchs and as a lifelong Royals fan, I love seeing the Royals don Monarchs uniforms every year. The tradition began in 1994, and has been repeated each year since with the exceptions of 1996, 1997, 2002, and 2011. (Negro Leagues nights were held those years, but Monarchs uniforms weren't a part of the celebrations.) I'm going to take a year-by-year look at the uniforms, the games, and the Negro Leagues teams that were being honored. The Royals have participated in many such games on the road, but for now I'll just focus on games in Kansas City.

Here is what I believe is a complete list of such games. Click the links to see my write-up of each year, or click the "Royals in Monarchs Duds" tag at the bottom of this post to see them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment