(click to enlarge)
Can't stop graphing. This one compares team wOBA+ and ERA+ for every Royals season. I find this one pretty fascinating.
- See if you can tell if it was pitching or hitting that carried the '85 team.
- Royals haven't been above average in wOBA and ERA in the same season since NINETEEN-EIGHTY-ONE.
- The current pitching staff is on track to have the third worst ERA+ in team history.
- Those last 13 years sure are ugly.
- Royals had some serious pitching from '84-'96. Not so much since then.