Monday, July 2, 2012

1967 Topps KC Killers

Jim Baker posted this item on the teammates subset of cards from the 1967 Topps set. Topps neglected to issue teammates cards for nine MLB teams, including the fightin' Kansas City Athletics. Baker suggested the nine cards that should have been, including a KC Killers card featuring Ed Charles and Danny Cater. I didn't really want to live in a world without that card, and since we have the technology now to create the cards we would like to see, I fired up the time machine, headed to 1966, and convinced the Topps brass to put out such a card. I requested that the players stand awkwardly in relation to each other in the photo. Then I came back to the present, headed to my neighborhood card shop, purchased my KC Killers card and scanned it up for the intertubes. You're welcome humanity.


No comments:

Post a Comment